Thursday 7 March 2013

A quick connection

Finally I have some Internet access for the first time this week I've managed to sneak on to the wifi at fekete sereg. The days have been filled with a lot of interesting discussion and inter cultural learning. I have learned a lot about Latin America from my new friends.

A couple of moments that stand out include Alonso from Bolivia presenting on the plight of the indigenous people who fish on the Pilcomayo river. Engineering projects down stream have meant that the fish can no longer migrate to breed in Bolivia. The livelihood of these people has been completely wiped out. This is a story which as far as I know had no coverage in Europe but is a huge ecological problem in a river that flows through Bolivia, Paraguay and Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment