Thursday 26 September 2013

Morning Mate - a few words from Amy


So this morning at 5am I arrived in the capital. Where I was net my Roberto and George. 
George will be working with me all week and il find out more about what will happen as the day goes on. 

For now George gives me a traditional drink here in South America and takes me out for breakfast. 

The Mate is drank out of a special cup called Guano. The herb mix is added to the cup and hot water which is carried in a thermos is added.  A special straw called a bombilla is inserted in the cup which filters out the herbs.

The drink is very social and one cup is often passed between people and topped up. In the afternoon it is drank cold. 'Te rere' is a local word for this which means tea to share around.



Cheesy bread washes all the herbal tea down. Tastes like having mini pizza for breakfast :). 


No comments:

Post a Comment