Saturday 28 September 2013

Open your eyes and see...

Today I was really disturbed to find out that Paraguay is the poorest country in South America.
It is clear from the level of poverty around that the country has problems. One of the biggest is with land owners kicking the indigenous people off the land. 

Next week David and myself will be going to work with these communites and finding out more about how their lives and culture is being destroyed. How they are being pushed out of their homes and hidden in broad daylight.  

These people now live in make shift houses right at the road side. Where death by oncoming vehicles is a possible and constant threat. 

I know that visiting these people will be really moving and emotional. I will open my eyes and really see the difficulties they are facing. But I hope that I can learn a lot from the experience there and work with the organisations to create sustainable projects for the people of these communities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment