Saturday 12 October 2013

Amy's closing thoughts

Today concludes the Oceans Divide Youth Unites seminar. Some of our new friends will return home, whilst others (including myself) will travel to Paraguay to evaluate the overall process and how we can continue to create fantastic international opportunities for young people together.

The project has been over several months and I feel as though each stage has taught me something new. Hosting job shadower's in the UK allowed me to see Momentums work from a different perspective and how we can work in different ways. Visiting Paraguay allowed me to really learn about another culture, way of life and community which differs to that of my own. An experience that has helped me develop as a young person and really appreciate the opportunities I have been given.
I will bring all that I have learnt back into my future work with young people and strive towards giving others those opportunities.

Overall this project has real potential to create long lasting international connections and partnerships. This work is important to the development of young people and needs to continue.

1 comment:

  1. I´am having time just now to read through the blog, and I like it more and more with every post. Very nice way of keeping records of what we did and especially about your experiences. I really found it educational, and enjoyed your over all postive vision and constructive approach. Whenever it comes to intra- or intercontinental connections, continental Europe or the New World ....here we go...keep in touch Amy and thanks for everything! Marton

    ReplyDelete