Sunday 13 October 2013

Ciao ciao

Today I said goodbye to my host Andrea and her family. I was invited to a BBQ by Mariana, a colleague and friend of Andrea's with whom I have spent a lot of time with (both professionally and socially) over these past two weeks.

We met her family and enjoyed fabulous food at her family home. Conversation was in full flow...even if we did speak different languages.

After a while it was time to confront the inevitable and start our goodbyes. We exchanged home addresses and gifts, as well as hugs, kisses and tears.

Afterwards Carmen and I walked back to the hostel across the beach, reflecting on our times together out here. Our goodbye comes tomorrow...I'm definitely not looking forward to that one.


The people out here have been so warm and welcoming and it has been a pleasure to be made a part of their lives these past two weeks. I have learnt so much, not just about their work but about them as people and in turn I have learnt things about me too. I would like to say a huge thank you to all those who have made this experience one of the best I have had in my life so far. Without them it definitely wouldn't have been the same. The warmest of wishes to them all. Muchos gracias amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment