Friday 4 October 2013

On the road again

My first week here in Latin America got off to a slow start. But over the past few days I have spent time with some amazing, warm and welcoming people.

Although language is always a difficulty it has not slowed down the relationships I have made with those around me. I have learnt so much about our two cultures, our organisations and myself. All this I will bring back with me and put into my future work with young people. 



Today I spent time in a women's centre which helps educate females rural communities. Here they learn language and maths skills. This is useful towards helping them start small businesses. The women help me learn Guarani and we have fun together laughing at the faces I pull while speaking.


Everyone is very interested to hear about where I am from and my way of life. I could not have asked for a warmer welcome. 


This afternoon saw another journey across country to Cuidad del Este. Where I will be stopping until my next journey to Uruguay on Sunday. We will see what the city brings, although I hear there are some beautiful waterfalls nearby that hopefully I will visit. Fingers crossed!




1 comment:

  1. I've never seen Amy look so serious as she is on that last photo, this is the contemplation shot whilst listening Abba

    ReplyDelete