Friday 18 October 2013

UK sign-off (from Ruth)

Since being back in the UK I have returned to work at the pub and I've hardly had two minutes to get over the jet lag never mind blog so apologies for this late thank you. It's now Friday night and I've just finished my shift so here goes...

Firstly, these past few weeks in Uruguay have really made me realise that I have so much to give and potential to fulfill. During this project I have used skills that I either didnt know I had or that I have not used in a very long time. This has really pushed me into new ways of thinking and I am applying this positive attitude into work and other related projects.

This week I am looking forward to reflecting on my time in Uruguay, filling out a self-assessment form as well as updating my CV!

Finally, and most importantly, I would like to thank Youth in Action, Momentum World and out friends in South America for giving me this incredible life-changing experience. I truly believe it has and will continue to benefit me and my future. I will speak of this project to others with passion and with a huge smile on my face! I can't speak highly enough of just how much a person can gain from these projects, both in terms of life experience as well professional and personal development. I am really looking forward to doing a bit of research and seeing what other projects I can get involved in in the near future! Thank you again! I owe you!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes a special type of person to be able to do a project like this, well Ruth for throwing yourself into the adventure. This attitude will ge a long way in helping you find the job you want.

    Let us keep working together and after a few more projects you CV will be shining above your competitition but more importantly you will have experiences you can talk from the heart about.

    This is what the modern day employer is looking for and this is what this amazing project has given you. Well done Ruth and always trailblaze and always do things that makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent reflections "La Ruti", and an excellent blog, congrats on reaching and going beyond 3k visits.

    I was happy to share time with you Momentum-guys, thanks for your great company. Both Amy´s and your approach and open-mindedness, Marton

    ReplyDelete