Wednesday 2 October 2013

Spreading the word...

One of the most important parts of my role out here in Uruguay is to promote Momentum World and develop international connections and thus opportunities for young people. Thankfully I have had some excellent translators and I have been able to do just that...

Tuesday evening I went to a local high school to present and promote the work of Momentum World. I explained the way in which they use media to upskill and develop young people and it just so happened that I was speaking to a few media students at the time of my presentation! I felt an immediate interest from the group who after my presentation asked me questions and shared some of the work they were doing that they felt was relevant to the work of Momentum. At the end of the session I encouraged the students to use the beautiful world wide web and have a look at Momentum Worlds website. If you're reading this why don't you do the same? 

www.momentumworld.org

This evening I have been invited to attend a local meeting with JCI and other NGO's of Uruguay. This presents an excellent opportunity to promote Momentum World as well as 2020 education. Hopefully I will be able to establish some international connections on behalf of Momentum World and encourage partnership development.


1 comment:

  1. Great article and great work Ruth, it has reminded me to do a version on the 2020 film with subtitles.

    ReplyDelete