Sunday 13 October 2013

Departure lounge reflections...

Today marks the end of my time in Uruguay and what a magnificent experience it has been!
This project has really opened my eyes to different cultures as well as developed me as a person, in both a personal and professional sense. 

It has given me the confidence and belief in myself that I can go out and achieve things as an individual. I have been open minded and embraced the kindness of others and their cultures. I have made friends and developed professional contacts with people from all over the world. This can surely only be a good thing as it provides me with contacts and opportunities for my future, in both a social and professional capacity. I am now heading home with a new sense of energy and mindset as I look toward my future.

To anyone reading this blog and contemplating getting involved in a project...dont think twice about it!! There's something to be gained for everyone...no matter how big or small!

As for the job shadowing it has provided me with the opportunity to learn about the initiatives and opportunities available to young people in the local and rural areas of Colonia. I have been able to draw  similarities and differences between that of Colonia and the UK regarding the issues that young people face in education, as well as the opportunities available to them in both education and life in general. It has encouraged me to think differently about my own situation as well as made me think about my own necessities in life. 

I have also been able to provide Momentum World with a global platform, promoting their work and 2020 education. I hope the contacts I have made will help develop a network of likeminded professionals that we can work with in the near future.

The project itself has brought people together from similar organisations across the globe and has enabled them to share best practice and ideas for future projects. I hope very much to be a part of these as I use the relations I have made to help carry out their inspiring work.
This project really has exceeded my own expectations and it has made me realise the power of international projects for young people like myself.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a global view of youth in different countries, situations and areas make us realize and be aware of so many similarities and at the same time their differences young people are facing as individuals and as future workers, I really like your reflexions about your experience in South America and it only can be positive, have a save return! Muna

    ReplyDelete